Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Get over it...

One thing I love and hate about how God made me is that I'm a big-time feeler.  It's good because I am able to feel empathy and sympathy on deep levels.  It's bad because it's hard for me to get past stuff.  I tend to hurt a lot longer than others.

I am having a difficult time getting through this breakup.  It's driving me crazy.  If it were up to me, I would just shut all the feelings off like a light switch, but I don't work that way.  For me it always takes time.

The old me was ok with taking all the time I needed.  A sick part of me relished in the misery of it all, but that is not me anymore.  I hate it.  I HATE IT! 

What's worse is I want to talk about it all the time.  I know it doesn't help.  I know people are probably over it already, but it's hard not to talk about something that is always in your thoughts.  Get out of my thoughts!

I'm sure God doesn't appreciate it either. The only one who should be in my thoughts at all times is Jesus and His Word.  Period.  The whole point of the breakup was to fix our eyes back on Jesus.  I don't know about the Ex, but I sure am battling between Jesus and the situation.  I'm tired of this whole scenario!

I seriously want to punch myself in the face...

Lord, help me.  I got out of the boat like You asked, now help me to fix my gaze on You so I can walk on water.

No comments: