Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Inspiration from My Baby Cousin

My younger cousin Kristi, whom I mentioned in a past post, got to guest blog on Kelsey Timmerman's blog about why she is going on a mission trip to Peru. So exciting!

She writes:

A month would have changed me enough. Six months would have changed me a lot. But a year will change me in an uncomfortable way that will affect everything I do from that year on. If it were up to me, I would stay in my comfortable life in Southern California. I would stay close to the family and friends who are easy for me to relate to and love. Those who hardly offend me and are cut from the same middle-class American cloth I was cut from. But there is Jesus Christ, who’s been telling me to go where I will not be comfortable all the time. He has called me to discomfort. He’s given me the grace to obey and do what He calls me to. To be bold in the broken places of a child’s heart, who I don’t have much in common with save for being a broken human myself.


Wow! She literally brought a tear to my eye with what she wrote. It really tugs at my heart and inspires me to want to heed Christ's call and take myself out of my comfort zone too. Maybe one day, once I'm free from this financial bondage, I'll be able to go off and do the same thing. In the meantime, I really need to focus on what I CAN do right now.

Lord, point me towards a place where I can be used right now. Make my comfort uncomfortable...


BTW, if you would like to donate to Kristi's trip, you can do so via PayPal here. I believe she has only raised about $1,000 of the $5,000 she needs. She has until late July to come up with the whole amount. Please help her if you can. Even if it's only $10, like Kelsey. =) Thanks!

No comments: