Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Give thanks to the Lord for He is GOOD...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5 & 6

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4


God is good. He is way too good to me. With just a little that I give Him he does SO MUCH. It's truly amazing! Truly.

I don't think I have actually written much about my dad's former co-worker, Francisco, with whom he has wanted to set me up for the last few years. This guy is Christian, handsome, tall, friendly, approved by my Dad... the kind of guy I definitely ask the Lord for. Well, I saw him a few weeks ago after not having seen him in about a year and pretty much giving up on him being for me. That meeting re-sparked an interest for him and before I left that evening he had given me a very "friendly" hug and I had given him a very STRONG hint that I would like to see him again. When I was out the door I immediately got on my dad's case about making this happen. That was about 3 weeks ago or so...

This morning I woke up, got my coffee, and sat down in front of the computer to check my Facebook (what? I have to know what's going on.... I can't help it LOL). My dad came out of his room, got his coffee, sat on the couch and then said something akin to the following:

"I talked to Carmen last night (his friend from work who Francisco had confessed to about liking me awhile back). She told me that Francisco called her and told her what you said to him at the BBQ (The Lord had emboldened me to tell him that I hoped to see him again soon and that my dad always talks about him, but I never get to see him). He told her 'How am I gonna see this girl again? You need to throw a party or something so we can see each other again.'"

Haha! YES!!!!! Oh man, finally! I've been trying to be patient this entire time for Carmen to come back from her vacation so that I could give her my number to give to him, but, just as the Lord planned, he had already gotten the ball rolling himself. So awesome!! I am so excited. Too bad my dad's phone died last night before he could give her my number to pass along to him, but I'm not worried. He can give it to her Today. =)

I know that the Lord is in control of this situation. I also know that He has been preparing me for marriage and that this may be the guy. Now I'm just going to stand back and let Him do His thing. If this is the guy, the Lord will make it happen.

Thank you, Lord!!! Thank you! You are way too good to me...

No comments: