Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Can you go away?"

... is not an appropriate thing to say to someone in your office... ever. I'm sorry.

I was told this by someone in authority over me as I was in his office--twice yesterday and once just now. It pisses me off (for lack of a better phrase). It's rude.

I don't care who you are. You could be the President of the United States. No one deserves to be spoken to in such a way. How about, "I apologize, but I need to be alone," or "If you don't mind, I need you to step out and close the door behind you because I have....." It's really not that hard to be nice while being authoritative. We all know you are the head honcho.

All I can say is this person's secretary is literally an angel because she has put up with this type of treatment from this individual for over 10 years. 10 years! You are better than me, my friend. You are better than me.

Lord, help me to have patience with this person because I don't know how long You would have me work under him. I don't want to hate coming to work. I just got out of that mindset... I thought I was in a better place, but now I don't know.... Regardless, I know I am in Your hands and You have me exactly where You need me....

No comments: