Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Recognizing the light in me...

I just remembered something that happened a couple weeks ago.

The night before Baby K's birthday party, Sandy, Baby K and I walked from her house to the Dollar Tree down the street to pick up some last-minute stuff for the party. We had dinner at KFC and then walked across the parking lot to the Dollar Tree. As we were nearing the door a young man who was talking to himself as if angry or frustrated approached us. I figured he must suffer from schizophrenia and just acted like I didn't notice him. We proceeded to walk past us and straight to the entrance of the store. Suddenly, he stopped, looked straight at me, mumbled something, paused, and then said, "you're no fun." I was not scared at all and just watched as he went into the store.

Sandy told me she was scared and I could tell she was hesitant about going in. I told her not to be scared and that we would be okay. Why? I knew the Lord was protecting us and didn't feel one hint of nervousness. We went in and did our shopping, never seeing him in the store. I literally kept a lookout for him and it was like he disappeared. We went on with our shopping and I didn't think twice about it until I got to Kim's house.

I tell Kim the story and her response brought me chills. She made an observation that I didn't even think of. She said something about how he saw Jesus in me and knew he couldn't get to me. Hmm... I didn't even think about it that way. I thought back to the kid and how he looked straight at me and said, "you're no fun."

I really believe that poor kid is plagued with one or more demons and those demons wanted to scare me. They were disappointed when they had no power over me. The devil has no power over the children of God.

What an amazing thing to witness... I really know that the Lord is protecting me and the enemy has no power here! Hallelujah. There is nothing to fear.

Lord, put your hand on that poor boy. Heal him, Lord, and bring him into your light. Bind the enemy against him in the name of Jesus. Amen!

No comments: