Thursday, April 28, 2011

Called to love...

I've never wanted to be married more than I do right now in this very instant, because if I were married I would be able to adopt a child in need.  =*(

I'm reading my cousin Kristi's blog about the Peruvian orphanage in which she is serving at this very moment.  She has links to some of her "co-workers'" blogs in the column to the right.  In their blogs they get into more detail about the children, some even providing a lot of photographs. 

The more and more I read the stories and look at the photos of these amazing children, the more and more I ask myself, "Why are you not doing this also?" 

Then that question turns into a thought:  "Better yet, I wish I could snatch one of these kids up right now and give him or her a home." 

I can't though.  Not right now, at least.  I don't believe in being a single parent on purpose.  I don't think that's what the Lord has in mind for me. 

But then again... a home is a home, right?   These kids need a home RIGHT NOW!

Lord, make a way.  Maybe You just need me to go serve as a temporary parent.  If it's Your will, make a way...

No comments: