Thursday, January 27, 2011

And now some scary news...

I should have known the Devil wasn't going to appreciate all this good news in my family.

All afternoon I've been on the phone with my Dad (in Mexico) and my mom. My Dad is panicking. Apparently, he has a partially detached retina and it needs to be operated on immediately or he can be in danger of perm ant blindness in that eye if it detaches completely.

*sigh*

While I was in Mexico last week he was experiencing some blurriness and cloudiness in his eye. We attributed it to the altitude, since Mexico City is at 7,350 ft above sea level and we are used to being at sea level here in Los Angeles. He tried to take it easy, but apparently it kept persisting. He finally went to an ophthalmologist down there who told him that he needed to have surgery right away and that he would be stuck in Mexico for at least another week.

Ay ay ay.

So of course everyone is worried, but my Dad most of all. I don't think I've ever heard that much fear in his voice ever. Not even when Alexis got air-lifted to the hospital. It's upsetting, but I have to keep it together. I don't want to cause anymore anxiety than is needed. I just told him that this is the Enemy trying to mess with us because of the great things that the Lord is doing in our lives and the lives of my family in Mexico. I told him not to let the Enemy win.

He can't win anyway. Romans 8:31 says, "What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

That's exactly right. The Lord is with us and with my dad, and he is completely surrounded by women of God who are praying for him. He'll be fine.

Please keep him in your prayers, people. I can't imagine how hard it is to be away from home, your wife, and your kids and have to go through something scary like this.

It's going to be alright...

Oh and today's Bible verse from Bible Gateway is so perfect too:

Ephesians 6:12-13 - “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

No comments: