Friday, January 28, 2011

Losing...

Losing: The Bad

My mom called me this morning with the news we didn't want to hear. My dad did not get back to the doctor in time and his retina has completely detached. He is now permanently blind in one eye.

It's very saddening news, but we are choosing to "rejoice in the Lord always," as we are commanded to do. I hate that my dad is alone right now, but at least he gets to come home today and we are going to shower him with love and support.

This is not the end of the world. Plenty of people live with sight in only one eye and do just fine. My dad is a survivor anyway. This is just another piece of his testimony and the Lord will use this for his good. Amen!

I found came across these passage and they spoke to my heart:

The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing. Psalm 37:23-26

the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. Psalm 146:7-9

Losing: The Good

In good news, I decided to way myself a little ahead of my Sunday weigh-in and I've already lost 3 lbs. So exciting! If I were to keep this up, I would be down the full target of 30 lbs in 10 weeks. Awesome! =)

No comments: