Thursday, January 13, 2011

Catching up...

I have not posted much in this new year. Oops! Work has been pretty busy and when I get home I just want to exercise and vegg out.

Things are definitely more positive though. The first Sunday of the year, I went to church at Calvary Chapel Pasadena. I like it. I love Pastor Xavier Ries anyway from hearing him on the radio. He was cool in person too. No one will ever be Pastor David for me, but it's a good option for now. I will definitely try to go back after I return from Mexico.

By the way, I'm leavin' on a jet plane to Mexico tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, but then I'm not because I'm getting sick and traveling sick is NO BUENO!!! Plus, I'm wondering if it's going to be a good idea being around my sick grandmother when I'm sick. Ay ay ay! At least you can get some good meds in Mexico without a prescription. lol

My sister is trying to set me up with a guy she works with. Apparently, he is looking for someone who is ready to get married and have kids.... and (ta-da!) so am I. We spoke on the phone and he was very funny and outgoing. Seems like a nice guy.

The only downside is that he is not a believer. So I'm being cautious with this one. Although it seems like he is very open to learning more about a relationship with Christ, I made it very clear to both my sister and him that I will NOT be getting serious with anyone who is not in love with the Lord. He is an avid reader, so I think on our first meeting, I will bring him "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. I've read many Christian men's columns and most of these guys mention how much that book changed their lives. Hopefully he'll read it and the Lord can use it to speak to his heart. We'll see.

Well, I hope this trip is blessing, despite the circumstances. I know it will be and I have my trusty camera (a.k.a. my child) with me, so I'll be taking plenty of pictures. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers...

No comments: