Monday, January 24, 2011

Mexico lindo y querido and trying something new...

I'm back from Mexico. The trip was beautiful.

I have to admit that I really didn't want to go, but once I was there, I was happy to be there. I saw SO much family. I have a trillion and a half cousins, I swear. It's not even a joke. Here are just a few of them (me included) with my grandma:



Guess which one is me... I'm the only whitey there. lol

Anyway, I had a great time, had great conversation, felt the love, and ate some good food (without gaining any weight too!). I honestly wasn't ready to leave when I started packing up my stuff to head back last Friday. I got teary-eyed and everything. I truly love my family and I love the way that they don't just talk about loving each other, but they show it. It's awesome.

My grandmother seemed to be in good shape, but from what they say she can go downhill at any moment. Her heart is functioning at only 50% capacity and her kidneys are failing. She is urinating blood, but despite what the doctors say, she won't change her diet, cut out things that are bad for her, or try things that could help her. She's stubborn. (Looks like my Dad married his mother because my Mom is the same way! lol).

They and we are praying for her. Hopefully she wises up and starts changing her habits. There is no reason she can't live a little longer.

On a side note, we were all tripping out on my uncle Oscar, who is a year younger than me and the youngest of the aunts and uncles. He is the SPITTING IMAGE of my Dad. All the cousins kept saying to my dad, "Tu te pareces a mi tio Oscar," or "You look like my uncle Oscar." My dad was like, "He looks like ME. I was here first." LOL.

My dad and his clone with their mom. =)

In other news, I signed up for Weight Watchers. So far it seems to be going okay. I like it because you don't have to starve yourself or necessarily limit what kinds of foods you can eat, and it helps you to make better choices in order to maximize your daily points limit. EVERY SINGLE person I know who's been on Weight Watchers has been pretty successful.

I've been this size (more or less) for the last 10 years and I feel it's time to try to be even smaller and more fit. I've already been doing my best to workout at least 4 times a week, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I think that comes with age. 29/30 is not old, but it's not 20. I have to work harder--not just with exercise, but with making healthier food choices and developing healthier eating habits. I'm excited to see what happens.
Thank you, Lord for a great and safe trip. Protect my father who is still there and keep your hands upon my grandmother and the rest of my family. Thank you for the fire you have lighted in their hearts and please continue to keep that fire burning forever. Amen.

No comments: