Thursday, May 13, 2010

Don't forget Nashville

I've been ranting and raving to anyone who'll hear about how funny it is that Nashville has practically been destroyed and no one seems to care. It's funny how Kanye West wanted to say that Bush "hates black people" because of the slow response to Katrina. I don't hear anyone saying that about Obama's slow response (or even lack thereof) to BOTH Nashville and the Gulf Oil Spill.

Today, Mike Gallagher wrote about the same feelings I have:

Has anybody noticed?

Nashville seems to be “the forgotten city.” The iconic home of country music, that uniquely American genre, has been devastated by floodwaters. Everywhere you turn, there is loss and damage and destruction.

And yet to pick up a newspaper or turn on the evening news, you wouldn’t even know it. I know there are important things happening right now and the news cycle can be short and frantic.

But the lack of attention towards Nashville is glaring.


Read the rest here.

SAD.

Anyway, this article also reminded me that in all my whining, I haven't given a dime, so tomorrow, while I'm paying my bills, I am going to take the time out to donate some money.

You can do the same at Feed the Children.

Like Mike said, let's pull together and show this government that we don't need it to come in and save the day for everything. We can take care of ourselves..... Not that they care.

Lord, be with the people of Tennessee as they bury their dead and re-build their towns and cities. Bring peace to all affected by this and use this horrible situation for Your glory. Amen!

No comments: