Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My 2-Day-Late Easter Post

I never got around to posting something on Easter in honor of Our Lord's sacrifice, but I thought I would give you some words from others that seem to convey every feeling on and the story of Easter so perfectly:

“You were as I, Tempted and tried, Human. The word became flesh, Bore my sin and death. Now you're risen” Lead Me to the Cross by Hillsong United

“Look at these hands and my side. They swallowed the grave on that night, When I drank the world's sin, So I could carry you in, And give you life. I want to give you life.” By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North

“Love is here. Love is now. Love is pouring from His hands, from his brows. Love is near, it satisfies. Streams of mercy flowing from his side. 'Cause love is here.” Love is Here by Tenth Avenue North

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain. Holy, Holy is He.” Revelation Song

“He became sin, Who knew no sin, that we might become His righteousness. He humbled Himself and carried the cross. Love so amazing. Love so amazing… His body the bread. His blood the wine. Broken and poured out all for love. The whole earth trembled and the veil was torn. Love so amazing. Love so amazing…” Jesus Messiah by Chris Tomlin.

"My chains are gone. I've been set free. My God, my Saviour, has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy rains. Unending love. Amazing grace." Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) by Chris Tomlin

“I feel so alive, for the very first time. I can’t deny you….” Alive by P.O.D.

“Now that I know you I could never turn my back away. Now that I see you, I believe no matter what they say.” Alive by P.O.D.



Praise Your name, Jesus. Thank You for the work on the cross on behalf of this lowly sinner. I love You!

No comments: