Friday, April 9, 2010

"Mission Aborted"

Gah!!! =(

Phase 1 of Operation Wedding Master Plan was foiled last night.

On my way to David's Bridal, I got a text message from my sister Kim saying that Sandy wasn't going to make it and the plans were off because someone tried to rob her store (she works at a check cashing place).

Double gah!

I was so mad. I wanted to go looking for this person for ruining my plans.

Then I had to stop and re-direct the focus off of my own feelings. Poor Sandy. That must have been terrifying. I don't know the details yet, but I'm assuming the person had a gun, or at least some kind of weapon.

Thank you, Lord in Heaven, that Sandy was not harmed. Thank you for your loving kindness and mercy. There could have been no wedding at all, but you kept her safe. THANK YOU, JESUS!

Guess it's back to the drawing board...


BTW, yesterday was very odd. Not only did Sandy have her ordeal, but my other sister Katie had a strange situation to deal with also. She's been housesitting for a family of one of the kids at her school. They left a very sick dog in her care while they were gone. Well, the dogs health started to deteriorate through the week, and yesterday morning she had the unfortunate task of calling the family up and letting them know that the dog had passed away. How awkward to have to be the one to find the animal and then inform the family. You feel sad, but at the same time it's like, "this isn't even my pet." Weird....

April 8 will go down in history, I tell you... lol

No comments: