Monday, May 18, 2009

So many cryers; so few arms...

So, yesterday was my first day with the little ones and it went pretty well. Although I have to say I picked a great time to want to watch the kids: 11:30 - 1:00--also known as cranky, it's-about-time-for-my-nap time. =)

Yes, we had quite a few cryers and one or two clingers. At first, we only had 2 clingers. One was a little guy who was so upset that it took me a good part of the first hour to get him to stop crying, but he would not let me leave him alone. I had to hold him the entire time so that he wouldn't get upset. Most of the others were very happy occupying themselves with toys and each other, but about 12:30, some just started crying for no reason and they all wanted the other girl and me to hold them. Well, the little guy that I had in my lap was not having that. He didn't want me holding anyone else, so I just had kids walking up to me wanting me to hug them as they stood next to me. Little guy seemed to be okay with that--as long as they weren't trying to share my lap with him. lol

I have to say that even despite all the crying and the clinging, AND the little ones who didn't want to share or felt the need to throw things (lol), I really was blessed by the whole thing. I just love the little ones.

The funny thing was that I left there feeling like I was in a daze/dream. Don't even know how to explain it, except that I sort of felt that high when you belong to something special. Then I just got all emotional in the car and felt compelled to thank the Lord for putting me there. It was kind of like this surreal, out-of-body experience. All I know is that I think I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Not only is this a new change to my life, but I also have something else to announce: I've been offered a Senior Secretary II position with the Department of Health Services in Alhambra, and of course, I accepted. This is such a blessing for two reasons:

1) I will finally be getting out of DPSS and an almost zero workload; and
2) I will be making about $500-600 more than I make right now, which is going to help me pay off debt even faster.

Yay! Thank You, Lord. You are way too good to me. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

I can feel a change coming in the wind....

No comments: