Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day one with the kiddies...

Today is my first Sunday serving with the kids. I'm excited, but nervous. Don't really know why I'm nervous; it's not that big of a deal. Well, I guess it is. I'm going to be responsible for the children of strangers. Plus, it's like a new job. I have to learn the ropes. I'm sure it will be fine. It's only about 2 hours.

Thankfully, people at my church are generally nice and welcoming, so I'm sure whoever I'm put with will be helpful and more than willing to teach me the whole system.

I'm happy that I'm finally getting off my butt and doing my part. I know that God wants us to serve Him and we all should be bringing Him the glory and praises, but another reason we need to serve is to help our Pastor because he can't do it all alone. He gives us so much and the least we can do is give back a little of our time to make sure the church runs smoothly.

Lord, please be with me as I serve You and serve my brothers and sisters in You. Put me at peace, make me aware, and help me to have patience and understanding with your babies. In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: