Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I don't need to have sex....

... to know it's a beautiful thing. All things created by God are beautiful.

I was reading this article by Ben Shapiro, who happens to be around my age. It's about traditional values, how they pop up in the movie 17 Again (Matthew Perry & Zac Efron), and how that's a good thing. (Thanks to this article, I totally wanna go see this movie!)

Well, it got me thinking. Even people who don't believe in God, or at least that God wanted us to save sex for marriage and for one partner, can admit that sex is beautiful and wonderful. So then, why would you want to cheapen it and lessen it's value by continually misusing and abusing it? That's what you are doing to it when you have sex with multiple people and/or with people you don't have a committed, marriage relationship with? You cheapen yourself also and each time, a little piece of you is ripped away.

It's like buying a really expensive, beautiful luxary car. First of all, you aren't going to just let anyone drive it. You certainly aren't going to allow every person who does to drive it like a maniac, crashing into things and flying over speed bumps, totally careless to the fact that the car doesn't belong to them. No, you are going to be very selective about who gets in the driver's seat and how they handle it.

To me it's the same with sex. I don't want all kinds of people taking a test drive in my car. I only want one special person who has proven to me that I can trust him. AND I would be naive to not know that if I am careless enough to allow several maniacs to drive my car, each time they are done with me, I will have to drive away with yet another dent or scratch to my car. After a while my once shiny, new, beautiful car will be worthless. Then when I'm ready to sell, who's gonna want to buy it? If I'm lucky, in 20 years, some compassionate person who fixes up vintage cars as a hobby.

Yeah, well I don't plan to be someone's hobby. I plan to be someone's life-long, shiny, beautiful car! Most importantly, I think God is right there with me on that plan.

"It is God’s will (this is part of God’s big plans for you) that you should be sanctified (kept special) that you should avoid sexual immorality.” - 1 Thessalonians 4:3

If you have let multiple maniacs dent up and scar your car, it's not too late to stop it. God loves you and with just one ounce of faith from you in Jesus Christ, He can restore your car to new again. All you gotta do is let Him in. He wants to polish you up and remove every dent, scratch, or worse. He can do it, just let Him.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
- 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: