Monday, May 11, 2009

Falling off the proverbial wagon...

I did something yesterday that I haven't done in a long time because I know it's offensive to God and I'm not proud of it. I won't say what because I don't want others to stumble either, and it's really not necessary for me to go into specifics anyway. I already confessed it to the Lord and I am trying to remember that I'm forgiven.

I'm just really disappointed in myself for even allowing myself to be put in a situation that would lead me to fall back (if not walk back) into something that I know is displeasing to the Lord. I am really sad about it and ashamed of myself. Again, I have to remember that I'm forgiven, but it's not that easy.

It's human nature to not want to forgive people when they do something to us and as a result it's human nature not to expect others to want to forgive us when we do something to them. I guess that's why it's hard to understand why God forgives us when we do things to Him. We are "doing something to Him" when we sin, afterall. Yet, He does forgive us. He loves us. We don't always understand it, but He does...

Sorry, Jesus. I don't plan to do it again and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I hope I never do....

No comments: