Monday, October 22, 2007

Wildfire Weekend, Part 1

Yowser, this was a crazy weekend!

My sister was fired from her job for something so stupid, which prevented her from getting the Supervisor position she was supposed to start in a week. Now she is out of a job. It really sucks, but she is fine with it, so I guess I can't let it bother me too much. I took her out to the movies and shopping on Saturday because I felt bad.

Saturday night, I went over to Mandy's so we could head out to our friend Vicente's birthday party. It was a little windy, but not too bad. When I got there, she and Baby were putting up Halloween decorations. We finally headed out to Vicente's. There was a good amount of people, but by the time we got there it was pretty freakin cold, so people were leaving. Mandy was drinking of course, so I knew I was designated Debbie. I didn't want to drink anyway, so it was cool.

Then some of Vicente's guy friends moved a table into the garage and started up a Texas Hold 'Em game. I sat down to watch and ended up helping out this guy who was a total rookie. I think they were cool with me after that because they could see that I knew the game. I had a good time watching them play. I love being around guys. So much more fun. They crack me up with the stupid stuff they say. One of the guys (think his name was Tom) was kinda cute and real nice. He really treated me like I was cool... not like just some stupid chick. I enjoyed myself.

Found out from Vicente that the guy who blew me off a while back, Juan, really wasn't into me (guess he told Vicent himself, but Vicente didn't want to tell me because he felt bad). I wish he would have been clear about it instead of leading me to think he was and then totally rejecting me the next day. I totally would have been cool with just being friends. I don't generally freak out when I've been rejected... unless I'm like in love, which hasn't happened in YEARS. I'm down with being friends. We'll see what happens if I ever see him again. I'll probably just be straight up about it and let him know that I know he wasn't into me. That way there is no pressure and we can still hang out because he really is a cool guy. Oh well...

Next day, Sunday, it's pretty freakin windy at this point and neither Mandy and I can sleep in like we'd like to since we didn't get home from Vicente's until like 3:30AM. All the Halloween decorations have been thrashed and Baby is not happy. Oh well, we'll just re-do them when the wind dies down. So, we have breakfast and then get ready to go. We are head on down to Hollywood to see The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D at the El Capitan theatre. Pretty cool! Then we head over to the famous Mel's Drive-in. As we are eating we start to see all this coverage of the fires on the TV they have there. There is a fire that started in Agua Dulce and headed down into Canyon Country.... where not only Mandy lives, but Kim and, at the moment, Sandy...

No comments: