Monday, February 7, 2011

Shnazzing things up...

So, since we've taken over my Mom's house and made it our very own bachelorette pad, we've really spruced the place up. We got all new (matching!) furniture. There was just one problem: the kitchen. It was the only thing that needed major help.

What was wrong with it? It was pink. Yeah, PINK! I'm talking pink walls and pink linoleum. *shudder* Who has a pink kitchen? Well, that's not retro at least. Apparently, my crazy parents did.

Well, not anymore. This weekend we painted the kitchen with much more "modern" colors:

You don't even want to know what kind of heinously ugly curtains used to hang here... lol


I really like it. I did most of it (my sister "helped," but I mostly had to come behind her and fix a lot of mistakes. God love her, but painting is definitely not her expertise. lol). It came out--as my mother would say--very sharp looking.

Now all that's left is for my friend Mike to finish the tiling job he's already started:

No comments: