Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Memories of Magic Mountain...

I don't write about it much, but during the end of my teens and for the first third of my twenties I worked at Six Flags Magic Mountain (and for one season in between at Hurricane Harbor). Many of my still-good friends and my adopted sister, Sandy, worked with me there. That place definitely was the backdrop of much of my "fun times," and what I mean by that was that I got into a lot of trouble and made a lot of dumb, young-person mistakes during that time. =)


Oh the stories I could tell. Oh the memories: Meeting Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the Main Gate toll booth. Hooking the singer, Brandy, up with a free ticket for a special event. Almost getting fired for not calling the ambulance for a little girl with a seizure at the Harbor (I didn't know I was supposed to!). Being in my first (and only) love triangle with Stage Tech and a Float Driver. Decorating the park for Halloween and helping build a maze ("I told you guys I'm not THAT girly!"). And so many more...


Anyway, Vintage Disneyland Tickets obviously mostly displays old stuff from Disneyland, but it also has a few things on Magic Mountain that I thought I would share. Pretty interesting. This is awesome because it gives some history of the Santa Clarita Valley, which was then known as the Valencia Valley:




And here's a brochure from 1981, the year I was born:


Enjoy more here...

No comments: