Wednesday, December 29, 2010

REMINDER: God doesn't kick us when we're down...

I just read this post from Stuff Christians Like. Today is Serious Wednesday, so as usual it's more profound than funny (but still funny, of course). It's a great post. Please read it.

Anyway, there was a comment that really struck me and I thought I'd share:

seekingpastor December 29, 2010 at 9:51 am

We are kicked so often from so many people and from so many different angles that we expect it from everyone. Including God. And even though he’s proven that this is not how he operates, we still expect it. And he keeps rescuing when he has every right not to do so. Glad that he never gives up on us.

Man is this ever true. I have been "kicked" by folks left and right my whole life. I do expect it from everyone (call me negative, but when you've been burned so many times, you start to expect it every next time you turn the stove on) and, unfortunately, I never really thought about the fact that I subconciously expect it from God too, even though I know that's ridiculous.

Lord, I am also glad that you never gives up on us....

No comments: