Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Just call me Job

Just kidding. I totally have not had even half of the issues Job had to deal with, but I couldn't help joking that I was the next Job this weekend. Why?

1) Gatito is gone. It's been a week and I don't think he's coming back. He was like a child to me. Job lost his kids, I lost Gatito.

2) I broke out in some random, freaky-looking rash that according to the doctor is covering my whole upper torso, not contageous, has no explanation as to it's origin, has no cure other than to just go away after awhile, and which itches like crazy. Job got boils, I got crazy random rash.

3) Katie got lice and I was exposed to her for a whole day. I'm still waiting to find out if I got them or not. (It's hard to tell since I'm already itching from the rash.) Don't think Job had lice, but I still consider this to be a possible affliction. lol

So, yeah, I know that what I'm going through is no where near what Job was tested with, but I still think that the enemy is trying to attack me and the Lord has allowed it because He wanted to see how I would handle it.

Well, I think I've been doing pretty good so far. Yes, I was sad about Gatito, but I didn't let it devastate my whole life. I thanked the Lord for his plan and for being in control at all times. I just laughed about the whole rash thing and the lice thing (hence the joke comparisons to Job).

I thank the Lord that He has transformed me so much that I can actually let things roll off my back now and still be thankful and praise Him in EVERYTHING. There is no panic here.

But I do have to say: Ay ay ay! Only me. lol

No comments: