Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gone

I came home yesterday because I wasn't feeling too well due to not being able to catch up on rest since the Women's Retreat last week and the time change (we lost an hour). I was expecting to hear the usual: Gatito on the other side of the door screaming at me. It was totally quiet, but I wasn't alarmed because I was home early and he's used to me getting there later so he was probably still napping. I get in and call his name. Nothing. Call him again. Nothing. Search around. Nothing.

So, I call my dad. "Where is Gatito?"

He tells me that he doesn't know... that he was washing his car in the morning and heard two cats fighting and even saw them run away, but he didn't think any of them was Gatito.

Well, I was pissed for three reasons: 1) Dad knows to make sure the doors are closed; 2) he knows that all the cats in the neighborhood know each other and never fight, so when you hear cats fighting you can pretty much guess that Gatito got out; and 3) it almost sounded (in his voice) like he knew very well that it was Gatito, but probably was in a hurry and didn't want to go after him, expecting him to come home on his own.

Well, dad, he's not home and who knows if he ever will come home!

With tears streaming down my face, I walked around almost the entire neighborhood looking for him, calling his name. He never materialized. Who knows what could have happened to him. I don't even want to think about it. I got back to the house and just prayed and prayed and begged the Lord to bring him back to me. I don't know if this is a test of my faith or what, but I just want my cat back.

In a way I feel at peace right now and comforted by the Lord, but I still want my cat back. I don't want to lose another cat again right now. He's all I have right now (aside from the Lord, of course). He brightens up my day.

Maybe that's it. Maybe the Lord is allowing me to lose Gatito because He wants to be the only one who brightens up my day. I don't know, but I do know this sucks!

I'm just gonna keep praying and hoping that he's just out there on some adventure and will find his way home soon... Please, Lord!

No comments: