Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Obla-di... Obla-da... Life goes on...

God is good.

He has healed the hurt that came with the whole Henry situation and I'm back to the way I was before I even met him, except better in a way. I can't say I wasn't depressed, because I was for about a week, but it's completely gone now. Why is that so amazing? Because two or three years ago, maybe even a year ago, that wouldn't be the case. I would be in a deep pit of self-hate and self-pity, no matter how unrealistic the thoughts were, and it would have lasted for months.

What's the difference between then and now? HOPE. Hope that comes from the Lord. Hope and a promise that God has started a work in me and He will finish it. Hope that he has a PERFECT plan for my life. Hope that whomever God has planned for me is going to be awesome and perfectly made just for me and me just for him. That is a lot to hope for. How can you be sad with that kind of info?

Speaking of Henry, Diana told me he was asking about me. She told him, "She's your friend too. Why don't you call her?" To which he replied, "Do you think that it's okay?" Duh, dude. I told you that I am okay with being friends. The only thing stopping you from reaching out to me and being my friend is your fear. The same fear that all men have of women's emotions. I guarantee that he is terrified that I'm mad or that I'm so devastated that all I'll be able to do upon hearing his voice is break down into a flood of tears. Oh please!

Needless to say, I haven't heard from him just yet, but I'm not giving up hope that we will be friends.... that we ARE friends. Guys are silly!

ANYWAY, right now I'm sumultaneously hating and looking forward to Valentine's day. I don't have a real date, but I am going to spend the day with Kaylin. Yay!

I love my Baby K so much! She literally lights up my life. She is one of the greatest gifts from God ever! She and Sandy went with us to Church over the weekend and I tell you that kid was so well-behaved. She had us cracking up too. When we closed our eyes to pray, she was like, "Hi!" She kept saying it until we opened out eyes. lol. She's so funny!

By the way, after months and months of prayer and fasting (by Katie... you know I gotta eat with my eating disorder past), Sandy is literally on the verge, on the cusp, on the brink of receiving the Lord. Woohoo! It's so close. I'm so hopeful, that I would put money on it. lol. Soon, she'll be my sister in a whole other way--she'll be my sister in Christ. Then she will start to receive all the blessings He has in store. =)

God is good!

No comments: