Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Year?

Goodness, it's been awhile since I blogged.

Since the last time I did, Obama was voted in as our next president. Yay. (I'm totally rolling my eyes right now.) There was no big surprise there. In fact, he practically won in a landslide. All I can say is this country is full of blind, following, fools.

Also, since last I blogged, I was introduced to a guy by one of the ladies in my Bible study, Diana. His name is Henry and he turned out to be pretty much everything I've ever asked for: tall, handsome, Mexican, and best of all a believer. Things were going great. We were hanging out every weekend, I went to his church, and freakishly he actually liked me too. What's the problem then? Wish I knew.

Things were going extremely slow... he didn't even hold my hand. I knew he liked me though because guys don't text you practically everyday and want to hang out all the time if they are not interested. So things were going good--slow, but good. But then I started worrying a little when I thought he would invite me to spend New Year's eve with him, but he didn't. That really surprised me and made me doubt myself. I asked Diana to pray for us because I was unsure. Turns out he was unsure too. I wasn't "opening up enough." I'm shy, man! lol I admitted that I was holding back a little because honestly, I've never been past 2 dates with a person that I didn't know. I was in uncharted territory.

So, I decided I would do the work and be myself more. We made plans, and at the last minute he cancelled. We made plans again and at the last minute he cancelled again. Now I haven't heard from him in almost a week. He's never flaked on me or not communicated with me before. Everyone, including Diana, is telling me to hang in there and not give up on him, but I just get the sense that this isn't going to happen, which really sucks because I truly like this guy. I know guys can act weird and don't think the way females do, but I can't help feeling like he just gave up on me. I have no control over that, but it still sucks.

For now I'm trying to put my trust in the Lord, who has created a perfect work in me and will finish it. My consolation right now is that I know that the Lord knows the desires of my heart (in this case to be married and have children) and He wants to give me them. I just need to trust in Him and His perfect timing. Whether Henry is included in that or not, I really don't know yet, but I do know that the Lord has someone for me... I just need to be patient. For now, I have been motivated to get involved more at church and maybe the man God has for me will come out of the woodwork...

No comments: