Friday, November 9, 2007

A quick hello from Ireland...

Bad me! I haven't blogged at all while in the U.K. I meant to, really, but we've been so busy. Now, our last night here, I have a wee chance to sit down and write a bit. =)

We have done so much in the last 9 days. I won't go into it yet... I'll do that when I'm back at home and can sit in front of the computer for a long while without being bothered. Of course, there is so much, so it will probably have to be in chapters. lol.

I have to say of both London and Northorn Ireland, I've had the best time in Ireland. It's my ancestry and my family. London has the history and the feel of a metropolitan city, but it doesn't have the ancestry and the family. The family we have met here have been wonderful and I really will honestly miss them... really. They have made us feel so at home. I definitely want to come back soon and definitely with my sisters. They have to experience this beautiful place.

I balanced my checkbook today and I have nearly spent all of the $800 I saved up, but that's easy here since the dollar is so weak and is only worth half of the pound. We literally spent twice the amount in dollars on everything. For example: If I spend £15 on souvenirs, I was spending a little over 30 U.S. dollars. Horrible. Oh well, it was all worth it. I am bringing back some cool stuff too... stuff I can pass down to my children.

Thanks to this trip, I am even more proud of who I am. It really makes me emotional. My people (both Irish and Mexican) are good people. They have their bad points, but they are good and I am proud to be both. This is a trip I will NEVER forget...

No comments: