Monday, November 26, 2007

The Best Years of Our Lives...

I saw an old movie (1946) this weekend of the same name. It was sooo good.It's about three different men from the same town coming back from service in WWII, how they meet, and how they deal with coming home. One of the men comes home and meets one of the other men's daughter. They end up falling for each other, but it can't happen because he's married. Unfortunately, he comes back from the war to a wife who is money hungry and unhappy with him because his glory days are over. He hates her, but theyare married--back then you didn't just leave one another because you weren't getting along. He tries to make things work, despite the fact that he knows he is in love with his friend's daughter. It gets to the point where she vows that she is going to break up his marriage because she knows that he loves her and not his wife and she knows how horrible his wife is. Fortunately for her, at the end, his wife ends up leaving him because he's not good enough and doesn't make enough money, which totally leaves the door open for him and his friend's daughter to be together.

Man, this movie really hit home for me. It made me think of a very similar situation between myself and a former boss at the old office I was in before this one. I totally fell for this guy, despite my best efforts, and I think despite his own best efforts, he did the same. He also is married to a wench who doesn't deserve him. His problem is that they have children. He is a good guy, and I don't see him leaving her or causing any harm to his children by breaking up their family. The only way he is ever getting out of that one is if, like the movie, she leaves him. Unlike the movie, however, I don't see that happening. This woman is crazy, possessive, and jealous... she's not letting go of him. I'm sure that God did not intend this man for me, and I certainly wouldn't go so far as to try to break anyone's marriage up, but it's hard. I see this movie and it makes me cry because I wish I could have had the happy ending that they had in the movie, but I know that could never be and I think that's probably what makes me love this man even more... he is an honorable man. =(

Oh well. Everything happens for a reason. I know God has a plan for me and is getting me ready for the man that I'm supposed to be with. Thank you, Lord. Your will be done...

No comments: