Monday, September 26, 2011

More than enough...

I have had that song "Enough" by Chris Tomlin stuck in my head today.   I just now stopped and thought about what I've been murmuring/singing to myself all day:

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

Why is it so hard for me to actually live these words and mean them?   I want to--I really do.   I try and some days I'm actually successful in feeling totally at peace and satisfied and like God is sufficient.   But a lot of days I do not feel this.  I hate it.  I wish I could just tell God, "I trust you wholly and completely from this day forward because you ARE enough to satisfy my EVERY need," and SHAZAAM, full trust in the Lord... no doubts, no fears, no anxiety.   Complete peace.

But no.  I keep hoping for that earthly relationship.   Keep hoping for that "something" that will make me feel that much better about myself and life.   But for what?  It's only to satisfy what I think other people around me are expecting of me. 

It's stupid.   God is enough.   If I die tomorrow I will have had a full, complete, and fulfilled life solely because I knew Jesus.

Accept it, self.   Believe it.   Be at peace.

No comments: