Monday, May 9, 2011

Noticing the difference...

We always want people to notice any kind of positive change in us--weight loss, new hairstyle, etc. It reaffirms us and feels good. It means people are paying attention to you.

The best changes are the inner changes, and its even more amazing when people recognize those.

Last week one of my old bosses stopped me in the hallway. He had to tell me that he has noticed that I'm smiling a lot more and am a lot happier lately, and that I have "a twinkle in [my] eye. Is something different?"

I told him that I've just decided to stop worrying so much about things that are outside of my control. I'm losing weight, my teeth are fixed, my debt will be paid off--this is my year!!

Then he wanted reassurance that it wasn't because I'm not working for him anymore. LOL! Definitely not!

Man, its so awesome to have people confirm what I feel inside: I AM happier and I AM enjoying my life.

I wish it didn't take me so long to get to this place, but I'm glad I'm here.

Thank you, Lord, that we can cast our cares on You because You care for us...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: