Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Life on the sidelines...

I'm no football expert, but I do know that the teams are pretty large and not everyone gets to play in the game. There are guys that warm the benches, hoping for just one shot. I feel like I'm one of those guys. I'm the benchwarmer in the game of life.

I'm trained, I'm willing and I'm feeling very ready. It's just the Head Coach hasn't called me in yet. Sometimes, I trust Him and I know that He knows exactly when He'll need to put me in. He knows when I'm truly ready. Other times, I'm looking at Him like, "Come on, man! Put me in!" I'm feeling resentful towards Him and I feel like He's completely forgotten that I'm even on the team.

I don't know what to do anymore. Do I just quit? Do I train harder? I guess it's the latter. I need to train myself on Him. Well, that's easier said than done in this crazy world, Coach. I just need some encouragement. I need some hope that there is a shot for me in the game eventually. I need hope that I even belong in this game.

I'm tired of living life on the sidelines. It's no life at all... Which is why I've decided that game or no game, I'm making a new set of rules for a new game. I'm moving to Dallas after the new year.

Something needs to change. Something's gotta give. Maybe a new stadium will be just the trick...

No comments: