Thursday, August 27, 2009

In His shadow...

It's funny how being praised can sometimes cause you humility.

Today, God has used quite a few different people to let me know how appreciated I am. I'm talking all day long.... I was even told that I am at a corporate level when it comes to my skills. Wow. I guess when my mom brags to people about how I could be an administrative assistant to the CEO of a big company, she's not the only one who thinks so. Hahaha! That sounds so egotistical!

Seriously though, you would think it would be blowing up my head, but it actually embarrasses me and reminds me that in the grand scheme of things, I'm really not all that special. I'm just an average person. I make mistakes and fumble up all the time. BELIEVE ME! At the end of the day, I can do NOTHING without my Lord.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength. -Philipians 4:13

He gave me my skills--I didn't give them to myself.

All this also comes from the LORD Almighty, wonderful in counsel and magnificent in wisdom. -Isaiah 28:29


I was nervous about coming to my current position. I was scared that I would be bored and, even worse, I was scared that I would be too intimidated by my boss' boss to function, but it's been almost quite the opposite. I say almost because my boss' boss still does intimidate me, but not the extent that I can't still do well at my job or make a good impression on him.

Right now, I couldn't be happy or feel more blessed. I am EXACTLY where the Lord wanted me and to top it off, I am surrounded by believers. It's so good. I know that He is watching out for me and guiding my steps. Not to sound redundant, but HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!

Thank you, Lord. You are too good to me...

No comments: