Monday, July 27, 2009

It's a brand new day...

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:37-39


July 26, 2009, will forever be my spritual birthday. In front of my family, friends, pastor, and church, I fulfilled God's will and commandment and was baptized. Hallelujah! It was amazing.

It was amazing for so many reasons.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, July 26, 1981, is my birthday and it is my Church's birthday. It was also my grandfather Scott's birthday. This is already a special day for me and now it is the MOST special day.

The other reason it was so special was because two of the 3 unsaved people for whom I've been praying for a year now were able to witness this outward declaration of my love for Christ. I wish the third would have been there, but I'll take what I can get. I just hope and pray that God was able to make a movement in these two people's lives yesterday through Pastor David's message and through seeing me do this awesome, God-ordained thing. I hope and pray with all my heart that when this is all over, I see all three of their faces in Heaven. What a joyous day that will be!!!

Yesterday was the beginning of something new. As my family and friends prayed with me, my sister, Katie, said something that I know is true. She said, "I know that this is going to be Kristina's year, Lord." WOW! I know it too. Something amazing is going to happen. I don't know what it is, but I can't wait. Even if it's just the Lord changing me and growing me even more than He already has. I want to be perfected by Him, and if that's all that ever happens to me in this life.... well, then MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Lord, you have a purpose and plan for me that has yet to be revealed. I will wait patiently upon You for it to be unveiled, and when it is, I will rejoice because it will be right and good. Thank you, Lord. Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! You commented on my blog, so I came and found you :)
That is SO awesome that your birthday is July 26, and you were able to be baptized on that day too (the church's bday!)
Congrats & God bless :)

.:Kristina:. said...

Thanks!