Friday, July 25, 2008

Viva la Vida

Saw Coldplay last week in Vegas with Katie, Sandy, and Tirsa.

One word: AMAZING!

Like you didn't know that? If you didn't, well, your sad. Coldplay is the greatest band of my time. My children will say, "Mom, I wish I was young when Coldplay was at their greatest." Wait, whose to say they won't get even better and better by the time my kids are grown. =) That's fine with me. Keep 'em coming, boys...

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that I have not gotten any of the positions I've applied for. Sad day. I'm trying not to be to down about it because I did tell God to only give me these positions if I deserved it and if it was His will. Apparently, neither was the truth. Guess I have to accept it and try to make the best of what I do have. I just wanted that extra money. =( I did find a Staff Assistant position that I think I qualify for, so I sent in the application today. (This is what I do when I'm working "overtime" on a Friday. lol...)

Sandy and Juan just signed up for a debt management program. I want to see how it goes for them, and then I think I will do the same. I really gotta do something about all this debt. REALLY. I may even get it started within the next week because this stuff is no joke. It's killing me....

Well, at least my car hasn't been giving me any problems (knock on wood, skip on one foot, throw some salt over the shoulder, and thank God... lol). I'm glad because my mom is taking it within a matter of weeks (yay!). I didn't want to give it to her with problems. Plus, you know, who wants anymore car repair bills. Not me, that's for sure!

Forgot to mention the other thing I did last weekend: The Dark Knight. We saw the midnight show on Thursday. It was also pretty darn good, but I have to admit, seeing Heath Ledger in such an evil role and go to such an evil place, made me upset. I literally cried. I didn't like seeing him like that. I hope his baby girl is able to appreciate the talent that her dad exuded in that role and not the discomfort of seeing him so sinister. He really did an excellant job, it's just sad to remember him that way in his last complete role. =(

Tomorrow is my 27th birthday. Yikes! That's three years from 30 and what is the score so far? Still never had a real boyfriend. Still a virgin. Still in major debt. Still living with a parent. Hmmmm.... Some might say I'm a loser. Funny thing is, and maybe this just means I'm getting better mentally, but I don't feel like that bad of a loser. I do wish I at least had a boyfriend by now. What's the hold up...

I'll let you know how the birthday went. So far, it's been cool. If the only thing I did was Coldplay, I would say it was successful. Mandy has something planned for me, so we'll see how pans out...

No comments: