Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A glimpse of hell...

My sister let me borrow a book she recently purchased called “23 Minutes in Hell” by Bill Wiese. It is the account of his 23-minute trip to Hell. I think it’s a must-read for everyone. Reading it, you get the sense that this man is telling the truth and he has scripture to back it up.

Check out this video:


There was one thing in his account that really stuck out to me. At one point he is in a cavern full of creatures of all types that hate him and want to harm him. He specifically states that this includes giant spiders, around 3 feet tall.

Everyone knows that I am deathly afraid of spiders—no seriously—but that’s not why it stood out to me.

Years ago, when I was not walking with the Lord (in fact I now know that I really never KNEW the Lord intimately until a few years ago), I had a wake-up-call kind of dream from the Lord. For some reason the Lord loves to speak to me through dreams actually. But anyway…

In the dream, something was happening in the world and my Dad (who was also not living a right life before God) and I walk out of my house and see the world is dark and there is chaos around us. It’s like it’s the end of the world. We both look at each other and, without speaking a word, we both know that Jesus came and we where not taken. Then I looked up in the sky and saw seven stars. The stars move into a circle. Then I look away and see the sky raining fire and giant spiders surrounding us. Yes, spiders just as described in this man’s book.

Not long after that dream I read about the seven stars in the first book of Revelation. So that explained a lot, but I always remembered the spiders. In my mind they were probably there as a manifestation of something I truly fear. Especially since it seemed full of other things I feared, including (at that time) being left behind.

Then last night I read of these spiders and wham! The dream comes to my mind.

Now I know God was giving me a glimpse… a glimpse of things to come and what I could have faced if I did not come to Him. It literally brings me to tears.

God is real. Hell is real. We don’t have much time. Now is the time to share the Good News, because eventually it will be too late. I don’t want anyone I know to go to Hell…. ESPECIALLY after reading this man’s account. Hell was not meant for us humans and it hurts the Lord beyond description to see any of us lost to that horrible place.

My prayers of salvation for those around me are taking a whole new light now.

If you want more information on this book and its author, go to http://www.soulchoiceministries.org/.

No comments: