Friday, August 19, 2011

My own understanding...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

I read this passage in a whole new way. Whenever I've read it, I understood it to say, "Trust in the Lord completely and don't trust in the things you know/learned through life." Today I read it as, "Trust in the Lord completely, and don't trust in what you THINK you know in a situation."

I do that a lot. I think I know about a situation, even when I don't have all the facts, and I jump to conclusions.

Then WHAM! Guess what, Kristina? You had no idea what you were talking about. Stop trying to be in control and let God handle it. That is what he's saying to me  in this verse.

The next one (verse 6) says, "In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  The only thing you need to do is acknowledge he's in control and he'll figure out the rest.

It's so dang simple. Simple information for simple people. Yet we still don't get it.

Man, Lord, You are so awesome. You really are patient with us. I'm so glad I am not You because I'm not as patient and gracious. I would have gotten fed up with me and given up a long time ago. I might have even laid the smackdown on me. lol

Love you, Lord. Thanks for your little truths...

No comments: