Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pain in my...

MOUTH!

Okay, so a week ago I had all 5 of my wisdom teeth out and I'm STILL in pain. This is out of control! I guess it's to be expected, but I'm really just getting tired of it. I had to go home from work yesterday because it was too much and I couldn't take my meds without getting loopy and really tired. So, I went home in pain so that I could take my meds when I got safely home. Then on top of that, the only thing that helps with the pain in between the times when I can take drugs is ice. At work, I don't have a never-ending supply of ice, so I have to sit here in pain.

I decided to take only half of my ibuprofen every 4 hours so that I can last and I've told my co-workers that I really need to keep the talking to a bare minimum. It seems to be working. I hope so, because I really don't have the time on the books to take extra days off.... or even half-days. This really sucks. I'm just glad I did them all in one pop, because going through this again is not something I really would have wanted to do.

Next up: Braces. I hear that they can be painful when you first get them on, but hopefully not nearly as bad as this is. At least they don't have to go in and saw up your jaw to put braces on. =)

In the end it will be worth it though. I'll finally have some straight teeth. Hey! I'll finally be able to wear some lipstick and not worry about attracting too much attention towards my mouth.... Sounds good to me. =)

No comments: