Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Just as I thought...

Went to my doctor appointment and it turned out okay... I guess. Looks like there is a strong chance that I have an ovarian cyst. That's not great news, but it's better than "you may have cancer" or something scary like that. I have to setup another appointment for an ultrasound. Once that's done, the doctor will hopefully be able to tell what's up down there. If it is a cyst, he will prescribe birth control pills. Okie dokie. I can work with that. Like I said in my previous post, as long as there is nothing invasive involved.

Changing the subject... I was surprisingly very happy with the doctor today. He is also Liz' doctor and she recommended that I make him my primary doctor when I finally moved my primary from Panorama City to Montebello. He was very thorough and he didn't treat me like I was a hypochondriac or like he just wanted me out of there. He totally respected what I was and wasn't willing to do. I was very happy with him, which is crazy considering he works for Kaiser. In fact, that's probably the first time I have ever said anything positive about anything Kaiser-related.

The bad thing, though, was that I found out how much I weigh and it's definitely TOO MUCH. Let's just say I am extremely close to 200 lbs. I know I don't look anywhere near what I weigh, but I still know that I need to get my butt in gear. I need to lose at the very least 20 lbs.... at the VERY LEAST. I think I might start waking up early and going jogging. I'm definitely going to cut out A LOT of carbs. The way things are right now is NOT COOL. (I know... a lot of caps there. lol) It's time to overhaul this body!

No comments: