Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy (late) New Year!

This is only my second post of 2008, but I just realized that I never really rang in the new year with a blog reflecting on 2007 or something corny like that. lol. Well here it is...

My 2007 by all appearances was crap, but I didn't leave it feeling like crap. I lost like 3 friends in 2007, yet I'm not all that beat up about it. Normally, if I was having such bad friend luck I would be all sad and down on myself like something was wrong with me, but no. I think it was because in all three cases, I was the one making the decision to say Adios. All three people turned out to be toxic in their own ways.

I had many car issues (and still do), but for the first time I have hope that my car problems will be over soon. I just have to be patient.

Had issues with my sister on and off for a lot of the year, but by the end, things had resolved themselves and now we are better than we have been in a long while. I think we are both learning to understand each other and respect each other.

Before I sound like the whole year was awful, here are some awesome things that went down:
  • My niece Kaylin Oliva Becerra was born! YAY!!!!
  • Went "home" to Ireland! Awesome!!!!
  • Got promoted to Secretary! Yes!!!

One more: I've really made strides in loving myself and for the first time I really am enjoying being single and not worrying about it to much. I think that's the best thing that happened to me in 2007.... well, next to Kaylin. =)

Coming up for 2008:

1) I plan to stop using credit cards all together in an effort to get myself out of debt. I've already started and I'm doing pretty well.

2) I also plan to get into better shape.

3) Last but not least, I will either get a promotion or leave the County for something better.

Wish me luck!

No comments: